Monday, July 11, 2011

I finally surcome to the heat

The Texas heat and draught braught me to my knees. I gave in and stopped worked on the boat so that I could insulate the shop attic and put the cieling in.  This took up most the weekend but I was able to acomplish a few thing.















I created four matching jigs with scrap wood. These are to bend the 3/16" cypress slate around to create the bent wood knees that the thwarts hang from. I glued these up and set the aside to cure.

 Spent the rest of the weekend claeaning the epoxy drips from the interior of the hull.
This is acomplished with a heat gun and scrapper. It is surprising how easily epoxy will scrap off when softened with a heat gun. Scrapped and sanded the interior is starting to look nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment